Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My new buddies!

Last thursday I had quite the hectic day, including breakfast out with my friends, then a lunch date with some new friends. It was the first meeting of what we are calling O.C.E.A.N. Oregon Coast Etsy Artist's Network. We are forming a street team in Etsy. In case you are unfamiliar with it, Etsy is a great new (or not so new!) way to buy and sell handmade items (and vintage, and supplies). It is a worldwide internet community, and I find it really amazing that there are a number of us on Etsy in my small community here on the coast.


Anyway, we had our first meeting thursday and have been busy ever since! It looks like we are going to be applying for a booth at the blackberry festival in August, which will be very fun I think. I really wouldn't like to do it by myself, but with a group it will be awesome! I just need to get busy making some goodies to have for sale there. I'm thinking I will be needing more postcards and maybe some items in the $30.00 range also. I've started making some quilted journal covers that I think are pretty darn great - more on those later!


If you are interested in checking out Etsy, here's a great way to start: Check out this treasury I made last night. It expires Friday, so don't wait too long! Here's a picture of the team:

I think we are going to have a great time getting to know each other and growing our businesses!

No comments: