Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Better late than Never!

I totally forgot that I never put a picture up of one of my secret projects! This is the Strip Robin we did in Quilt Guild. A super fun project, and it came out so well - I cannot say how pleased I am at the results! This quilt was blown up from a picture taken of my husband and our horse almost 2 years ago now - he's a much bigger horse now, almost ready to run in the races! Anyway, this is the original picture I used. It was sliced into 5 sections to give each person a 6 inch strip to work with.



This is the resulting quilt! It was so fun to see how everyone met the challenge of making their section in fabric! Anyway, I put the strips together and presented them to him for Father's Day and he was delighted! So now, all I have to do is quilt it and it will be ready to hang in his music room. I did the center section, and think I did a really good job - looks just like him! Every section went to gether well, and though the hills didn't match, the foreground did, and the horse was perfect so I am pleased.

Just for the fun of it, here is a picture of our traditional dessert for the fourth of July: Flag cake. It features whipped cream for frosting and strawberries and blueberries for the stars and stripes. This year it was frozen blue berries because the fresh ones looked totally pathetic. Oh well, it tasted good!

3 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

What a neat quilt photo ... love it. Is there a way to see an enlarged photo?

We had strawberry pie with blueberries from my blog.

THANKS for sharing.

FabricFascination said...

Pamela,

That quilt is amazing! What a neat idea, and very impressive results. Your husband must be thrilled!

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at the talent in your guild! How the horse matches up is just awe inspiring. A family treasure!