Monday, October 26, 2009

Slow, but steady



Of course no one can be super productive every day, but I wish I could be! Not too much done on the quilting front today, but a group of us from the quilt guild got together to work on the design for the 2010 raffle quilt. Everyone brought books and magazines, I brought my laptop and EQ6, which turned out to be a huge help. We set up a design wall and put our blocks up (12 beautiful 18 appliqued quilt blocks designed by Piece O Cake designs). As we played with the arrangement in real life I rearranged the settings, was able to look at finished sizes and experiment with sashings and borders. We scoured the quilts shop for fabrics to audition and ended up with a fabulous green for our setting triangles, and a nice neutral and red for a border with swags.

I've been playing quite a bit lately with the EQ6 fabric and have discovered that Moda offers jpeg files for their collections that are fabulous! Just download, unzip and you can load them right into EQ6 and they are ready to go. I have yet to explore the other company's websites, have been too busy grabbing moda fabrics for my virtual projects - so they are really on top of my list at the moment.

I discovered some fabric to go with the Jelly roll I received as part of my prize package from the Jelly Roll Challenge. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my copy of the book, I hear that it debuted at Fall Market! I think that's part of the reason I feel so unsettled lately, I am really excited to see how my pattern and quilt look. Anyway, my mind is starting to work on the jelly roll, so I hope to come up with a quilt soon out of that (in my pile of future projects!)

I got this quilt listed today in my Etsy shop. I'll bet it gets lots of views, it's really a striking quilt!

No comments: