Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chocolate Cherry - Yumm!

I have a definite sweet tooth. My favorite sweet is anything chocolate, but my very favorite chocolate treat is chocolate covered cherries. I have a hard time not eating the whole box when I get some! A couple of months ago I had an extravagant treat from my secret sister at quilt guild of a bag of hand dipped ones. Soooo good!

What does this have to do with quilting, you may ask. And I will answer! I am scheduled to teach a strip class (fabric strips, people, like jelly rolls!) in June. The class I am teaching is my Candy Heart quilt that was published in Jelly Roll Inspirations. We are out of the jelly roll I used for my original quilt, so I needed to make a new sample and was very inspired by some lovely brown and red fabrics. In fact they look so yummy together I decided to name my special selection of strips Chocolate Cherry.

After a grueling week of altering prom dresses I treated myself to an evening of quilting and got the center part of the quilt pieced. I think I am liking this one even better than the original quilt! Tomorrow I hope to get the borders done and hopefully quilt it. Then it will go to the quilt shop for a few months. I hope everyone else likes this one as much as I do!







1 comment:

Indianna said...

Hi Pamela,
I've just bought the Jelly Roll Inspirations book as I had a Jelly Roll. I've never made a quilt before, but as I love hearts I thought I would attempt to make one to your pattern. I found you Blog as I saw the other Candy Heart for sale on Etsy.
I wish I could come along to your workshop - but it's a bit far from Cornwall. Hope all your students produce some fantastic quilts and hopefully you will post some pictures on here.
Indie :o)