Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Week 15 - 52 Week Challenge

I finished something big this week, but don't have any pictures to show of it yet, so I will show you what I finished that is small. But it was very fun!I have been admiring all the cute "mug rugs" I have seen, but haven't made any yet. I started making a journal with one of these cut little teacher panels and realized that they were perfect for making one of these handy oversized coasters.


I added a strip of blackboard looking fabric, then went to town with quilting. I detailed the teacher, then stippled all around her in white, and finally used black for the border and chalkboard fabric. I used a bright red for the binding, and voila! I had a lot of fun working on this and definitely will make some more - I have so many ideas in my head for when I have some time. It's instant gratification to make such a lovely little quilt and be able to finish it so quickly!


'Night!


Pamela

2 comments:

pchickki said...

What a cute and unique idea Pam.
I love it !

FabricFascination said...

Perfect gift for a favorite teacher!