Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Three Day Weekends

Thanks to our new schedule for school every weekend is a three day weekend! This was our first one in the new school year and while it was very busy it was also kind of nice. Friday we got to sleep in (Yay!), I had to run around and pay bills, and I got some housework done before we went to watch the football game - we'll be going to them all to watch the girl cheer/dance.

Saturday was a local Festival, so the girl was in the parade, which I got to go videotape and photograph (paparazzi mom in action!). Then I picked her up and we got to hang out for the rest of the afternoon before she went back to watch the classic car cruise.

Sunday was my busy day - the second day of the quilt show and I was signed up to do a demo at noon, then spend a couple hours selling raffle tickets. My demo was a Disappearing 9-Patch, plus I did a Disappearing 4 patch and Pinwheel 4-patch. Now I've got two lovely blocks, and actually should have patches for two more, but seem to be missing some pieces. So, I suppose I will bundle them all up and stash them in the UFO drawer until the missing pieces reappear! Anyway, as you can see, it was a pretty busy weekend, not much sewing got done, but I have high hopes for future weekends. I think I might like this new four day school schedule after all.

Now it's off to finish cleaning the disaster area that I call my sewing studio and do some sewing!

1 comment:

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

Your blocks look great!