Thursday, March 08, 2012

Wouldn't It Be Nice?

Wouldn't it be be nice if all the things I wanted to get done in a day would get done?  I certainly think so.  Seems like most days my list is way longer than my day is.  For instance, today I had several phone calls to make, planned to work on sorting stuff from the garage for my rummage sale on Saturday, stitch a few more Dresden plates and go to my daughters dress rehearsal for the Dance Competition.  Then my husband had to stay home from work with a sore back and my daughter had to be picked up early from school because she was feeling unwell.

I did get about half of the stuff from the garage sorted, but no phone calls or Dresdens got done.  The dress rehearsal went perfectly, though!  I am excited about going to the competition next week.  (Yahoo, three days of no cooking!!)  Plus, after this weekend my house will be less cluttered.  I hope I can get some time to clean out the sewing room a bit also.

I have the center panel of the Dresden plate quilt together (sorry, no picture!) and we picked out the next border fabric. then I have to add two more rows of dresdens and I am done!  I'm not sure if I can finish it next week, but I sure would love to.  I'm starting to think of what my next quilt will be.  I have a UFO that I'd like to work on for my bed - it's a round robin that I've designed a final border for that will be awesome on my bed!  I've also been thinking of a star quilt in blues and whites.  Hmmm... possibilities!

1 comment:

OliveStreetStudio said...

There are never enough hours in teh day....and sometimes I'm just too tired during my waking hours to do anything more than sitting on the couch, staring at the TV....