Monday, August 27, 2012

Goodbye, August

This month has flown by.  Actually it has driven by - I think we've made a trip at least once each week to Eugene, where my daughter will be attending college in a few short weeks.  We are excited that she's got a job teaching at a dance studio, but we've had three trips just for that alone!  That's really been cutting into my productivity, as well as the fact that it is quilt show season and I've had to work extra days at the quilt shop.  Plus I think I've got a touch of the blues as the girl is leaving soon (Thursday!!!).  She'll be doing "Daily Doubles" for the Dance team.  Then we go up September 20 to move her into the dorm.  In the meantime, we need to order her textbooks, laptop, and attend to a few other details.

I have been doing a bit of shoveling out in my sewing room (partly because of that little Scamper cat, who is growing like a weed).  I'm to the point of finding piles of fabric that were supposed to make a project, but I don't remember the project!  Time to start making notes about these things I guess!  I've found some pretty things to play with, for sure.

There are also some projects at home that need to start getting worked on because they involve painting, and the paint dries much better when it's not pouring down rain outside - I'm sure those days are just around the corner, too.  I think it's time to make a list and get down to business - I have so many ideas and plans in my head, I feel paralyzed.  And I want to take more pictures, haven't really done much of that lately either.  Well, fall has always been my favorite season.  Getting the kids back to school always has spurred me to be more organized, and get things done, so I am hoping I can keep that trend going, even though the school thing makes me feel a little more sad than glad this year.

Enjoy these last few days of August - it's a wonderful time of year!

No comments: