Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Wednesday WIP - Happy Fourth of July!

This is a special request from a customer - combining her patriotic fabrics with a charm pack of Prairie Paisley II.  I had to cut a LOT of 2 1/2 squares to make this little quilt (40 x 45)  and I have totally forgotten how long it takes to do this one square at a time!  Now I remember why I like strip piecing so much.
It is a great scrappy quilt, though!  My favorite is those stripey blocks.  They really give the quilt pizazz, I think.  It's all basted now and ready for quilting.  I didn't quite get it finished before the fourth, but it does make a great quilt to work on for the day.
I've also made a bit of progress on Barcelona Nights.  Pictures do not do this quilt justice!  I would have taken a better picture, but the wind was whipping up and I was lucky to get this one.  The one other picture I got features the quilt folded in half....we'll see if I can do better if I go out in the morning tomorrow :)  

As usual - go check out the Quiltsy Blog for more WIPs!  And don't forget the giveaway coming up - you WILL NOT want to miss it!!

2 comments:

thebutterflyquilter said...

I love all the little squares even if they do take a long time! Wonderful patriotic quilt!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Love the patriotic quilt - You make me want to run to my stash and pull some fabrics!

Have a happy 4th!!