Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday Summary - What I got done this week!

I actually had a pretty good week for sewing this week.  I had several alteration appointments and finished this week's deadlines - a maid of honor dress and shortening sleeves for the grandmother of the groom for the same wedding.  After that I couldn't decide whether to work on quilting some quilts, finishing tops, or working on some other projects.  I decided to finish one quilt, then I could go on to some of the piles!

I finished the quilting on Barcelona Nights and it is now hanging in Threads That Bind.  I'll take some more pictures of that this week, but here is what it looked like on my bed:
I pieced a baby quilt from a charm pack (also a shop sample) - here it is before I added the border - 


 Yesterday a pieced another sample from Angles With Ease - Rising Star Table Topper.  I think these fall colors are very pretty.  The star fabrics are from the new Sandy Gervais line.  This one is now basted and ready to quilt tomorrow!
Today I sewed a third sample from Angles With Ease.  I love the blues in it!  This one was a little bit trickier with the cutting and piecing, but the instructions were great, down to the pressing of the seam allowances.  This one is going to be very pretty once it is quilted.



Now I've reduced my piles of fabric that need to be pieced into quilt tops, but my pile of quilt tops that need to be quilted means that this week will be a quilting week for sure!  The good thing about that is I will have some nice new quilts to show off next Sunday, if my week goes according to my plan.  Which we know doesn't always happen, but a girl's got to be flexible you know....

No comments: