Saturday, November 16, 2013

Mixed Emotions

My husband and I finally went on an outing we've been looking forward to for a while, but haven't gotten around to.  We went to Leaf's Treehouse - a local flea market/antique shop.  People rent spaces in there and sell their wares - it's huge and lots of fun to poke around in and find lots of treasures!  We wandered around most of the store and found ourselves in a small niche at the back when I spotted something that looked quite familiar.

"That's funny - it looks like a table runner I made for the quilt shop, then later sold.  I wonder who bought the kit and make one like it."  Then I looked closer.  "Wow, they quilted it like I did.  That looks pretty good!"  


Then I picked up the end and looked at it really close...."Wait a minute!  This is the one I made! How much are they asking for it?"

$65.00 - I don't remember, but I hope I got at least that much out of it - it was a lot of work!

I'm not really too sure how I feel about it, but it sure was an interesting find!  It has obviously been well cared for because it still looks as beautiful as when I sold it....I guess you never expect to find something you worked hard to create for sale in a flea market.

No comments: