Thursday, July 31, 2014

Overall Sam

I finished up this cute block today.  I had a comment on my facebook page that his arm was not placed correctly, but honestly, that's how it is in the pattern.  I may be brave in my piecing, but when it comes to applique I follow the pattern every time!  I think he is holding his hands behind his back...
I used the freezer paper method of applique on this and it came out nicely.  My design wall is getting full with all of these blocks!  I'm liking it...not sure what I will do with all of them when finished, but I might get a quilt or two out of them.  I don't even know how many blocks I have to work on, but I am having a good time working my way through them without any plans.

I got the hexagon quilt all basted, so I'll be starting on hand quilting that tomorrow.  I've got several dresses in to work on, so not too much quilting going on for the next few days, but I'm gearing up for my August UFO Challenge.  It is an 8 point star quilt using a stripe fabric.  I'll probably make a dozen blocks, then put them together with sashing.  If I put myself on a block a day schedule it should be no problem to have a finished quilt by the end of the month, that makes me happy!  It's been nice pushing myself to finish up these older projects...I'm a little nervous about a couple of them, but I'll keep pushing on, I'm doing to well to give up!


No comments: