Monday, July 28, 2014

Ribbons, Binding and another Block of the Month

Today was a productive day - despite a couple of unusual events that had things a little off-kilter.  Woke up to several piles of kitty vomit...my poor Scamper kitty was definitely not feeling well.  He has pretty much just laid around all day looking pathetic.  He seems to be a bit more perky tonight, so hopefully we won't have to make a trip to the vet tomorrow.  It seems weird to have our little one cat entertainment system down.  He definitely keeps us busy with his crazy antics!

The second unusual event was a fan blowing up on us!  My husband turned the fan on in our spare bedroom this morning and it went bang and even had flames coming out of it!  The smell was horrific, we've had the windows open upstairs all day to get rid of the stench.  Thank goodness it happened when he was right there to unplug it and get it outdoors right away!

So...after all of that I did manage to finish the binding on the Wall hanging I made out of the Block of the Month Blocks!  Whoopee - another one down!  And this evening I finished hand sewing the binding on the Butterfly quilt.  Tomorrow I'll finish machine quilting stitch in the ditch around the butterflies and it will be ready to get back to the owner - double whoopee!

I made up another quilt block, this one was from 1996.  Double T is the name of the block.  I had all the prints cut out, so just needed to cut out the white blocks and sew it together.  Easy as pie!  Cute block - hard to believe it's been waiting almost 20 years to be finished.  Guess I'm a little slow!

I also finished re-sewing all the pickups on a wedding gown.  It came out really well, I think the bride will be very happy with her shortened dress!

Last, but not least I picked up my quilts that I entered in the fair.  I got four blue ribbons and two red ribbons!  I'll share some pictures of those later this week.  For now, I need to go to bed and get some sleep - I have a lot I want to get done tomorrow, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, scary about the fan. Now I don't feel so bad about some of my projects that are still in the works. You give me hope that one day I will finish them like you are. Either that or I will continue to give them to the guild for our Red Hen auctions.