Friday, January 30, 2015

On Track

I've been working hard all week at catching up and I think I am finally back on track!  Whew!  I've felt behind on so many projects for so long that I don't quite know what to do with myself.  Well, that's not true - I have a lot of things I am itching to get to work on, as well as projects that are coming up.  It's just that I'm not behind schedule on anything right now.  At any rate, I sandwiched this to get quilted this weekend:


It is going to get loop the loops and butterflies in light orange thread.  Shouldn't take too long to get this one done!  I also want to get the quilt I am hand-quilting bound.  I decided I want to put a scalloped border on, so I need to figure that out.  It's been a while and I'm afraid I've forgotten how to figure out the math for the scallops.

And I saw this picture on Facebook  
and realized it would be perfect to use my overflowing green stash on!  I have been thinking of making a triangle quilt in greens, so this one is perfect.  I think I could figure this out on my own, but the magazine looks like it will have lots of great patterns, so I may have to add it to my collection when I see it!  Is there anything as fun as deciding on a new quilting project? I just love the feeling of knowing I want to make something special and new!

And I am going to try to finish piecing the border for my Grand Illusion Mystery.  I need to get on the hunt for the perfect backing for it, too.  I'm thinking of quilting it with a medium loft poly batting.  I like my cotton quilts, but a nice fluffy quilt can be a fun change of pace sometimes.  I probably won't be quilting it for a while, so I have time to think about it.



What are you sewing this weekend?  Will you watch the superbowl or sew?  (I plan to do my binding while I watch the game!)

No comments: