Friday, January 23, 2015

Ready for the Weekend

Do you know what the best thing about working?  The weekend!  I haven't been this excited for a weekend in a long time!  I plan on getting my Grand Illusions mystery top finished - I just have about half of the borders to finish piecing, but first I am going to piece the center of the top with the sashing.  Can't wait to see what it looks like!

Then I am going to finish quilting the cupcake quilt - will tell you all about that when it is finished.  It is a very special project and I am excited to get it on it's way!  So hopefully lots of quilting going on here over the next 48 hours.

Here is a quick picture of the quilt top I pieced for the quilt shop this week:  Sweet Escapes.
Isnt' it pretty?  I hate to admit it, but I had quite the time of trying to keep all those squares in the right order and right side up!  I may have had to use the dreaded seam ripper several times during the construction of this top.  I think it is lovely all finished.  I think I will quilt it with an allover pattern, probably just a large swirl.  I have a gallon ziplog baggie full of the cut off corner triangles to make another little project out of, but that will have to wait a bit because I've got other priorities for now!

Hope you enjoy your weekend as much as I am going to enjoy mine!  What are your plans?

No comments: