Monday, March 09, 2015

Some real life goals for this week....

Number One:  Put away my clean laundry without letting it sit in the dryer for 4 days (I am not going to deny that for the last two weeks it has taken me 7 days to complete 2 loads of laundry each week)

Number Two:  Plan what to have for dinner before 6:00 most days.  Yes, that last minute cry of  "what shall we eat" every night is getting a little old lately!

Number Three:  Get my Heart Quilt put away and put up the Irish Chain - whoops, it's already the second week of March!

I guess I have been a bit busy the last couple weeks, but boy, it is time to pick up the slack!  I have one more big sewing project and I'll be back to quilting more.  Here is one of my next projects:
Isn't it gorgeous?  The three dimensional effect s achieved by using netting over half of the star sections, but I am going to try to do something similar using ombre fabric!  This pattern is from the book Simply Triangles: 11 Deceptively Easy Quilts Featuring Stars, Daisies & Pinwheels.  I can't wait to start playing with this - it will be a lot of good creative fun.

I've started my project for March - lots of half square triangle units being sewn so far:  



Yes, the background unit is larger than the triangle, there will be a strip sewn to these to complete them as corner units in the blocks I am making.  The blocks will be more scrappy, but all the corner units are the same and will form pinwheels where the blocks meet at the corners!  I think it is gong to be very pretty when done.  I love it as the small pieces come together and make the bigger units, then become blocks.  I have 200 of these units to make - I think I am halfway there already and I hope to finish these tomorrow so I can start working on the next units.  First I need to finish sewing all the rings on the Roman shades, so I'll be getting on that right away...as soon as I put away my laundry (wink, wink!).




No comments: