Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Two Out of Three Ain't Bad

Sorry to be so ungramatical, but it just doesn't sound as good without the ain't :)

All three loads of laundry are washed and put away, and I have dinner figured out for the rest of the week - still need to get out my Irish Chain quilt - I'll get busy and get that out tomorrow!

I've been working hard to get the roman shades I've been working on finished.  I ran out of rings yesterday, so will have to hopefully pick up more tomorrow.  Then all I have to do is get the screw eyes into the boards and attach the blinds and strings.  Whew.  I've been working on these for a while, and it is time to get this project completed.

I worked at Threads That Bind today, spent part of the day figuring out how to make a lap quilt into a queen size quilt!  We came up with a good idea, and I wrote up the instructions and got the yardage cut.  This is something we do for our customers pretty regularly.  Another good reason to shop at your Local Quilt Shop!  We offer great customer service!

The rest of the day was spent working on a pattern for a barn block with a quilt on it.  I drew up an original pattern and picked out some fabric for the sample.  I will need to work out how to make it and write instructions tomorrow, but that should be a fairly quick task.  I taught an EQ7 lesson, and learned something myself!  I've been trying to figure out how to create a diagonal setting in the custom block mode and today it clicked!  That was super exciting - teaching other people how to use the program has really increased my proficiency greatly.

When I got home I spent a couple hours working on the March quilt!  I finished all my corner triangles and sewed the strips on a few.  Then I had to put one block together - so pretty!
I still need a few more fat quarters of background fabric, so will look for those this weekend.  Only 79 more blocks to go...I guess that means I should make around 4 a day to finish this top by the end of the month.  We'll see!  It's a good goal, and I should be able to sew that many in an hour or so.
Setting a goal really helps push me to get things done, how about you?  I am looking forward to seeing these multiply on my desing wall!

No comments: