Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Nursery Rhymes and Star Shuffle progress

Had to make sure I posted my progress picture for the Star Shuffle quilt.  It's a beauty!  I will look for the final border fabric when I work at Threads That Bind tomorrow.  I am so happy with how this quilt is coming out, and will definitely have to pick out another project from the book (Simply Triangles by Barbary Cline)

I also wanted to show you what I worked on this afternoon.  It is a quilt made with 25 hand embroidered blocks that are colored with crayons.  So cute!

I had a lot of fun trying to remember all th verses as I sewed them together!  I plan to quilt the sashing in straight lines and ad some loops and swirls to the embroidered blocks.  This is going to be an adorable little quilt when it's done!

Hope you are having a productive Tuesday!

6 comments:

Margo Yang said...

Your quilt looks complicated but very beautiful. Love the nursery one as well.

Lorna McMahon said...

Looks like you are having so much fun! Both of your projects are very pretty. Love the solids and triangles are one of my favourites to work with. And the nursery rhymes blocks are adorable!

Lara B. said...

Star Shuffle is mind boggling and beautiful Pamela. And i love the nursery quilt too - how unique!

Skootchover said...

Visiting from Let's Bee Social. Your star quilt is amazing! I've never heard of coloring with crayons on fabric. What a great heirloom piece.

Marly said...

The star shuffle is amazing. Is it paper-pieced? The nursery rhyme patches are beautiful; such an original way to make picture patches.

Micki @ 2 Dogs Studio said...

Your star quilt is fabulous. It looks really really complicated. Love the fabrics you used. micki@2dogsstudio.us