Friday, August 28, 2015

An Eventful Week!

Wow, has this ever been a crazy week!  It actually started off with a super busy week of working on these lovely quilts so I could get them off by my deadline.  Three identical quilts that will be awarded to some lovely volunteers.



Then I got to spend a weekend at a dear friend's new vacation house!  We had some great girl time, and it was just the ticket after a busy week of sewing.  Yep, that's me with my mouth wide open :)


On Monday I had a dental appointment, I was actually looking forward to the appointment because I had lost the temporary filling in my tooth and it was driving me crazy because it would catch every morsel of food I put in my mouth.  The appointment started out very well - I didn't have to wait in the waiting room at all, zipped right into the dental chair, shots given, and the impression started.  Then my left eye started feeling odd.  I realized that I could not blink my eye and the side of my face felt numb.  I felt like this might be important, so I brought it to the attention of the assistant.  She said that we better get the Dr. to come in and check out the situation.  He sat on his little stool and looked at my face as I tried to blink my eye and said that he thought we need to call the EMT's to come as he thought I may be having a stroke!

WHAT!!!

He left the room, the assistant started checking my blood pressure (they had checked it as I came in a few minutes earlier and it was great) and I asked for my cell phone so I could call my husband to come back to the office.  My heart was pounding, and I was so disconcerted tgat I was having trouble trying to figure out what I needed to do to contact my husband - all the while thinking that this could not be happening.  About the time I was ready to hand my cell phone over to have someone else call, the dentist came back in the room and said not to worry - it was just the anesthetic had affected the facial nerve!  He had not been informed that I had already received the anesthetic - the shot had apparently been placed too high and numbed the side of my face!  This is actually not a very common thing to happen (of course).  Just as he predicted, it disappeared after a couple of hours.  I had my procedures done, including an additional injection to take care of numbing the jaw more so they could do the filling.  Now I am not too sure of how I'll handle the next visit when they will place the permanent crown - I do suffer from a slight dental anxiety already and I don't think this will make it any better, but I'll get through it.

The rest of the week has been busy - working to finish some custom drapes, then Naomi came home for a visit and arrived Wednesday. I had to work a bit later than normal, but we've had a great time with her for the last couple of days!  On Thursday the FedEx guy brought me an exciting box of goodies!  My second Island Batik Ambassador box is here!  Oh, boy, am I ever loving these colors and I already have a plan for what I want to do with these...I can't show you all of it yet, but here is a sneak peek:

Fun time with family coming up this weekend, then back to work on Monday - wedding gowns are piling up like crazy, but I will get them done so I can get back to quilting soon!  I certainly hope next week is a lot more peaceful that this week has been.

Don't forget the Summer in the Country Blog hop is still going on!  Here is the list:



  8/17 – Island Batik
8/18 – KISSed Quilts – Part 1
8/19 – Kauffman Designs
8/20 – Adele Mogavero
8/21 – MooseStash Quilting
8/22 – Pamela Quilts
8/23 – Freemotion by the River
8/24 – The Patchwork Pearl
8/25 – Fun Threads Designs
8/26 – For Quilts Sake
8/27 – Lemon Tree Snippets
8/28 – Bejeweled Quilts
8/29 – Tamarinis
8/30 – KISSed Quilts – Part 2
8/31 – Beaquilter
9/1 – Purrfect Spots Designs
9/2 – Maria Michaels Designs
9/3 – Mary Mack Made Mine
9/4 – Made In Scraps
9/5 – Happy Cottage Quilter

No comments: