Tuesday, December 01, 2015

Dream Blossom Quilt and other November Projects

I wanted to catch up a bit on what I've been working on the past couple weeks!  I have pretty much gotten caught up on the alterations, and have only had a couple small home decor projects to work on, so I've been trying to finish up some of the projects that I've been moving from place to place in my sewing room the last few months.

Dream Blossom is a quilt that I made for Threads That Bind as a shop sample.  I have cut 4 kits for this quilt and will be packaging them up tomorrow when I work.  It's a beauty of a quilt, and didn't take that long to make!


You can download the pattern from Hoffman's website.  Dream Blossom comes in two different colorways - I love this blue one!

I also finished this wall hanging - this was a top that hung in the quilt shop last year, so I just needed to layer and quilt it:  

I quilted and bound some mug rugs:

Then we had a pleasantly quiet Thanksgiving with our youngest daughter - it was fun to have her home, even if it was just a couple days.  She did bring home some mending...of course!
 And then I finished this small wall hanging this weekend...leaving me feeling very productive.
I'm hoping to keep up the pace in December, and in hopes of being more consistent in blogging, am going to take on the 31 day Blog Writing Challenge!  I think it will be fun, and with all the sewing projects I have planned, I should have plenty to blog about :)
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving (if you celebrate).  I realize more and more how much I have to be thankful for.  My life may be busy, but it is definitely happy and productive.  I am blessed to get to spend time doing what I love on a daily basis most of the time.  I can't complain about much, to tell the truth!  

No comments: