Thursday, December 31, 2015

Looking Back at 2015

Here I am at the tail end of another year.  2015 was a pretty good one for me and my family.  We have all been reasonable healthy and happy, so you can't ask for much more!  I've done a lot of sewing and have managed to create some lovely new quilts and projects.  I never really made any goals last year, but maybe that is a good thing - I seem to have stayed busy and productive without them.

This is definitely my favorite finish for the year:

This was the quilt I made for my daughter and son-in-law for their 4 year late wedding gift.  They loved it, I loved it, so we were all very happy!

I still haven't quilted my Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt, but that is in my plans for the weekend.  When it is ready I'll put it right on my bed and enjoy it!  I'm participating in a UFO challenge again this year and have a list all ready to go.  Maybe I can get the last of those long term projects going and across the finish line?  We'll see!

Here's another project that I really enjoyed this year - being an ambassador for Island Batik!  I've enjoyed being part of this so much!  I'm really looking forward to our next blog hop in February and have some projects underway for that.  Here is a teaser:

Looking toward next year, I just hope I don't spend as much time (or money) at the dentist!  I definitely plan to spend more time working on new patterns.  I don't know what this new year will bring, but I hope to have plenty of fun times with my family, and do lots of quilting!  I plan on being as happy as I can be, and enjoying each day as it comes.

I hope your New Year is happy and healthy!

No comments: