Monday, December 07, 2015

Neither Wind Nor Rain

shall keep us fanatics from our regular exercise routine!  Today the weather was far from delightful - sideways rain is never much fun.  We still went out to the track and did our regular laps.  It was very stormy, but I am glad we did it.  I always feel better when I keep up on my exercise routine, even if I really don't want to.

As I started to tackle my list today I ran into a problem.  The fabric for the curtain panels has a very obvious flaw and there is no way to cut around it.  So I had to leave a message about the problem and we will see where we go from there.  I had not cut into the fabric yet, so that is a good thing as it can still be returned if that is the choice.  That left me free to work on another item that didn't make it onto my list, but needs to be done this week.


This is a quilt made by a customer at the quilt shop. The long arm machine had to be sent in for repairs, so I've been quilting the smaller quilts at home so they will be done for Christmas.  This one was 62 x 80.  It is actually a two sided quilt, so there quite a few seams on the back as well.  I'm glad I was able to finish it today, so it can be delivered this week.

I didn't get all the squares for the Allietare mystery done, but I did get another 60 finished and 20 cut out and ready to sew.
 I like to press them with a spritz of Best Press so they lay nice and flat!
60 finished triangles.  I am using some white and some off white.  I hope it works out all right!

I also got the Christmas tree up, so I can decorate it tomorrow.  Now I need to figure out what I need to buy for the lunch menu so I can add everything to my grocery list.  I'm happy with my progress for the day - hopefully I can make more tomorrow!

No comments: