Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Rainbow Swirls and Curvy Log Cabin

I suppose it was inevitable, but I missed my first day of the 31 day blogging challenge yesterday.  I started this post, but was just too tired to finish it last night!  After a 4 mile walk, grocery shopping and cleaning house, I guess I just needed the rest.   The weather has been less than delightful - lots of rain and wind, making it a challenge to get out and do anything or take pictures!

Here are the details for the Rainbow Swirls quilt top and another look at the finished top in what light I did have yesterday.

It probably took me a total of 15 hours to piece this top.  The pre-cutting probably took an hour or two.

The ruler for the 6 inch curvy log cabin ruler is available at your local quilt shop or here.  The pattern is a Cut Loose Press pattern.  They only cost around $4.00 and are also available from your local quilt shop, or here.  The pattern is printed on lightweight card stock and can be saved in a binder!  I have really liked the patterns I have tried in this format.

I am making good headway on my list for the week, but have a lot of work to do tomorrow to get ready for Bunco on Friday, so I will call it a night for now.



No comments: