Saturday, January 09, 2016

Happy Mail and the big finish!

I got some happy mail this week - a lovely squishy package from Henry Glass fabrics!  I won a prize on their Let's Get Quilting promotion on their blog right after Christmas.

This is Rest Your Head by Leanne Anderson.  It's a super sweet soft book along with some coordinating fabric.  This is so cute and will be a perfect gift for a certain grand-daughter who is having a birthday - it will get there a bit late, but I think she will love it!  If you'd like to get in on another great giveaway check out the Henry Glass blog - maybe you might win some fabric as well.

I enjoyed show and tell at Quilt Guild and it was fun to show my BIG accomplishment for the week!

It is nice to finally have this as a finish.  It's been sitting in my pile for so long, and I've been longing to get it done so I can enjoy it.  I'm glad I made this my priority for the week because I can tack the rest of the list next week with a smile.
I found the perfect binding after auditioning several black prints, a pink print and a yellow.  This icy blue damask print was just right!
It is super bright and fun and plenty large enough for my bed.  I am anxious to wash it now, so it gets that lovely soft crinkle.  It's a little stiff and new right now.   Isn't it great that quilts only get better as they age?  Nothing like a soft and well loved quilt to snuggle in!

1 comment:

teachpany said...

Yay for squishy mail and a gorgeous finish!