Saturday, April 30, 2016

Daisy Garland in Spring Florals

I've been working on those piles on my sewing table, and have finished a couple of those projects already.  One of the projects was to get this bright top quilted and ready for a shop sample at Threads That Bind.  I even delivered it today!
I made this as a sample for my Daisy Garland pattern.  This is the third version I have made, and I think it's my favorite.  This is the first time I have quilted this design as an overall pattern and I really enjoyed it.  I simply quilted some daisy-like flowers, and did some echoing, leaves and spirals.  I used a light yellow Aurifil Thread and Warm and Natural batting.  The back is just as pretty as the front:

Here is a close-up so you can see the quilting:
I'm very happy with it!

I added the binding this morning, then took it to the quilt shop when I went to work with the American Heritage Girls.  We finished up the quilt block today and had a good time - I won't post a picture of them, but here is the block:
This will be sent off to be a part of the 50th anniversary quilt that is being made, and the girls will earn credit for the special anniversary badge as well.  It was really fun for me and I am glad they asked me to help them with the project.  I'll be blogging more about it later in May so I can show you how I used EQ7 to help us create it.

Then this afternoon I made the Lady Godiva Apron for another shop sample.  This pattern is from Abbey Lane Quilts and you really need to check out their patterns!  Lots of Beatles inspired names and really cute patterns.  This apron had good directions and wasn't very hard to make, just took some time.  They also have a little girl version of this pattern that would be just adorable.  I ran out of daylight, so will have to show you this project next time.  I am planning to work on Coral Queen of the Sea tomorrow, so am looking forward to showing you her as well!

I hope you are having a productive and enjoyable weekend as well.  I was even a good girl and cleaned up my sewing room after all of my sewing.  So nice to walk into my room and see it nice and tidy.  Maybe I ought to try to keep it that way all month, they say it takes 30 days to make  a new habit stick...this one might be worthwhile to work at!

1 comment:

spacer said...

Try having a quilt room that everyone can see when they come in the front door!