Saturday, April 02, 2016

Jolie - End of Summer

I'm taking this month to work on blogging about some of the quilts I have made that I have somehow neglected to write up.  Today's quilt is one that I pieced the top for in 2014 and quilted last year.  This quilt is made using my pattern Jolie.

I thought it would be fun to try a bolder color scheme than I had used in the previous versions I've made and it came out wonderfully.  I love the oranges in this, and the butterflies and flowers are such a pretty touch.
Here it is before quilting it.  I just did an allover loop pattern for this one.  

Here are my original versions, the first one made in one of my favorite Paris prints, the second in a more subtle fabric.  I like all three versions, myself.  
This is a quilt you could finish in a weekend.  I should make another one - so many fabrics to play with!

No comments: