Thursday, September 08, 2016

Triangulate!

I have had quite the week, working to meet some important deadlines and trying to catch up on some pattern writing!  And the kick off of the Road Home Row Along!  Hopefully most of the computer work is behind me at this point and I have time to catch up on some blogging about all of this activity.

Here are our four rows for today, September 8 of the Road Home:

creates Colorado
creates Bulgaria
creates Las Vegas, Nevada
creates Amanzimtoti, South Africa

You are going to love these rows!  I definitely will have to make the one for Colorado, that's were I was born and raised, and the block really reminds me of my childhood home.  I'll add the entire schedule to the bottom of my post so you can catch up on the ones from earlier and keep your eye out for the rest.



This is Triangulate!  I've had this quilt in the back of my mind for over a year now.  I made a lovely quilt for Threads That Bind last year that used large green and black squares that were added to a larger light square on two corners and "snowballed", or as I call it sew and flip triangles.  When I trimmed the excess I was left with a large stack of good sized triangles.  I stashed them all in a baggie with the rest of the excess fabric from the quilt and saved it for a future project.  After a year we still have a good supply of kits, so I decided to get this "bonus" quilt made up, write a pattern, and add it to the kits to make it a two for the price of one deal and hopefully sell them!

After making the quilt top, I still had some good sized pieces left, so I made a scrappy back for this quilt.  Now that the pattern is done, I've added it to my Etsy Shop - Triangulate is a very simple pattern - all you have to do is sew a bunch of triangles together!  I figured out yardage for a many different size triangles, plus threw in a couple of bonus layouts to make it more fun.  I have more baggies full of triangles from other projects, so will probably have to make a few more of these just for the fun of it.

Here is the entire schedule for the Road Home - have fun exploring!

September 6
Allie-Oops Sweet Happy Life creates Harrisville, MI Sunrise Coast
Cynthia’s Creating Ark
creates Adelaide South Australia
Kissed Quilts
creates Grand Coulee, Washington
Renee’s Quilting Addiction
creates Alberta, Canada
September 8
Sew Incredibly Crazy
creates Colorado
3 Patch Crafts
creates Bulgaria
Just Let Me Quilt
creates Las Vegas, Nevada
Quilt in Piece
creates Amanzimtoti, South Africa
September 13
Tweety Loves Quilting
creates Edinburgh, UK
Quiltscapes
creates Heber City, Utah
Seams To Be Sew
creates Idaho Falls, Idaho
Pine Valley
creates New Zealand
September 15
bdieges designs
creates Road to Tehachapi (CA)
Elizabeth Coughlin Designs
creates Worcester County in Central Massachusetts
Cloth and Paper Studio
creates North Georgia Mountains
Patti’s Patchwork
creates Toronto, Ontario Canada
Seacoast Quilter
creates New Milford, Connecticut
September 20
Beaquilter
creates Denmark
Heleen Pinkster
creates Netherlands
Seams To Be Sew And Batts In The Attic
creates Hollywood/LA
Rebecca Mae Designs
creates Northern Maine
September 22
Words & Stitches
creates Beaches of California
Quilt Art
creates Africa
I Can Quilt 2
creates Baltimore, MD
Any Pattern
creates Port Angeles, Washington
September 27
Creatin’ in the Sticks
creates Dodge City, Kansas
MooseStash Quilting
creates Alaska
Patchwork Breeze
creates West Michigan Shoreline
Sue Griffiths Featured At Just Let Me Quilt
creates Northern Rivers Region, NSW, Australia
September 29
Quilted Fabric Art
creates Burlington Vermont
Westend Quilter
creates Manitoulin Island, Canada
Pamela Quilts
creates Oregon
Quilt Fabrication
creates Silicon Valley, CA
October 04
Patchouli Moon Studio
creates Central New Mexico
Linda Robertus
creates Netherlands
Elm Street Quilts
creates North Carolina
Sarah Quinn Featured At Seams To Be Sew
creates Outer Space
October 06
Cheryl LaPlant Featured At Quilt In Piece
creates York, Maine
Miss Loreen’s Schoolhouse
creates New Hampshire
Bumbleberry Stitches
creates OklahomaNeedle in a Hayes Stack
creates Mojave Desert
October 11
Show N Tell Day
TBA



No comments: