Friday, January 27, 2017

Celestial Quilt Finish

I've been wanting to blog about the finish of this quilt, but I forgot to take a picture of it before I took it to Threads That Bind to go on display!  It got hung up this week in the front of the shop and looks awesome there.
I ended up quilting it in swirls because they always look great on a quilt, and how else can you quilt through all those beautiful pictures?

A photo posted by Pamela Boatright (@pamelaquilts) on

I'm still writing up the directions for this one.  It was super simple - 2 1/2 inch strips to frame the pictures, then add two borders.  I made the back out of stash fabrics.  and was able to use up several good size chunks of blue fabric.  Of course I forgot to get a picture of that as well!

This is my first shop sample for the year, I have another one in the works, plus we got in some gorgeous fabric on Wednesday that is calling me - I love getting to play with pretty fabric.

Linking up with Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or not Friday!

Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts

1 comment:

Barb Neiwert said...

Great design for panel pieces. And you're right - when in doubt, swirls work wonders!