Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Roundup for Quilter's Recipe Box half square Triangle blocks

Sorry I am a day late with this, life is busy here these days!

I didn't have a lot of takers on my offer to feature your finished blocks, but here is one from my friend Delaine!  Looks like she is making a Christmas quilt, and it looks great:


Next Monday we'll be learning a new unit - and I can't wait to see what we can make with it!  Here are all four blocks that I featured this month.  They all use Half-Square Triangles and plain blocks:

I hope you are coming along in your ability to make an accurate triangle.  You'll be using this skill all year as we progress through making the blocks.  Lots and lots of traditional blocks are built on using them, so they will appear often!

The fabrics for my weekly blocks are Dotalicious by Island Batik.  The background is also an Island Batik, but I don't think it is available any longer.  It's a neat cloud print.  I hope I have enough for all of my blocks, but if not, I'll come up with a plan.  I'm already thinking about how I can make it work!

See you next month with a new block unit!

No comments: