Sunday, April 16, 2017

Happy Easter!

As I awake to a quiet house this morning, I feel a little nostalgic about former Easter mornings.  Even though it was always hectic, it was such fun to wake up to little girls excited about the Easter baskets and wearing their new spring dresses.  After church there would be some Easter Egg hunting, usually in the house as it tends to rain this time of year - we always kept good count of the eggs, afraid there would be an undiscovered one that would go bad!

I loved making the girls Easter dresses, and would generally encourage them shopping in the cotton section so I could use the scraps in quilts later!  I still have some of the scraps from those dresses and always smile when I find them.  At some point, handmade dresses didn't have quite the attraction they once had and the easter outfits were store-bought instead.  Sad, but little girls do grow up into young ladies and I remember myself being happier with dresses from the store as well.

I'm a little sad that I didn't even hang my Easter bunny quilt this year! )there are some dress scraps in this one for sure!) I've had the new Big Surf quilt hanging above the fireplace all year because I love it so much.  But it's not very "Easter" looking, is it?  I think I might have to think about finding a new place to hang my seasonal wall hangings.
I suppose the quieter holiday is better suited for contemplation and reflection on the meaning of this day that we celebrate.  I am so grateful, for all that I've been given, and most of all for the faith I have.  I am glad that God loves me so much, and that He calls me to love others with the kind of love He has shown me.  I hope that you have a wonderful day, and that you know that YOU are loved!  He is Risen!

No comments: