Monday, May 08, 2017

Another Modern Challenge Quilt!

I guess it's time for me to eat a piece of humble pie.  Seems like in my hasty hour of inspiration to make my Modern Quilt Challenge for the May Island Batik Ambassador Challenge,  I neglected to do something very important for a challenge.  I forgot to read the guidelines!  Which said that our piece should be at least 36 x 36.  Oops!  So to make up for my error I decided I needed to get busy and make another quilt.  I've been wanting to make this particular design again for a while, so this was a good opportunity to do so.

I used more of the Coastal Mist Stack of 10 inch squares for this, plus some yardage.  The background is Soft Lilac Swirl Leaf, and I chose a dozen other squares to use for the circle cut outs and windows.  The pattern is Circle Around - it's a great quick quilt and looks awesome any way you make it!

I used a lightweight poly batting in this one because I thought it would be nice lightly quilted.  This quilt measures 48 x 48, perfect for a nice lap quilt.  The graphic circles definitely make it a modern quilt - very different from my first effort, but definitely just as modern!

It's tricky to catch the beauty of this fabric line - I love the subdued, yet rich look of the colors.  This quilt is for sale in my Etsy shop - it's a beautiful, soft quilt and would make a lovely lap quilt or throw.

Circle Quilt


Don't forget to keep an eye out for more challenge quilts!  Look for #modernbatikchallenge on social media to see more, or follow my fellow Island Batik Ambassador's blogs to see their creations!


2 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilt! I have been having fun working with the neat Coastal Mist batiks also!

beaquilter said...

this one looks great!