Friday, October 13, 2017

Finished or Not Fiday - Finished is good!

A couple finishes on the blog for me today - one is the finish of the Christmas Caroling Row Along!  Congratulations to Barbara and Kat!  Marian sent you an email with details, so make sure you answer her in the next couple days so that you can get your light!

I also finished this quilt:

This is a custom quilt made from baby clothes.  My client does a great job of separating the outfits out into wonderful color palettes - and this gray and mint green color theme seems to be pretty popular right now!

I was thinking about doing the machine quilting with a medium gray, but then I realized that the big cone of neutral that Aurifil sent me in my Artisan pack was the perfect color!

How nice not to have to worry about running out of thread!  (6952 yards on this cone - that's a lot of piecing and quilting!)
I did a nice large meander over it, being careful to leave the pockets unquilted so he can hide treasures in them!



So many cute little appliques and fun little boy prints.  I mailed this out on Tuesday and it arrived Thursday.  My client was so happy - she said: "Thanks Pamela Boatright, you didn’t tell my the quilt came with feelings."  That's one of the best things about making a special quilt for someone!

Linking up with Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or Not Friday!

Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts

No comments: