Monday, December 11, 2017

Quilter's Recipe Box alternate block number one for Triangle in a Square Unit

I was so delighted with this block that I decided to withhold the name of it until I can show you what it looks like, so you will have to get to the end of my post to see what it is.  That said, I suppose I will get the making of it underway!

Cutting:
You can use your templates from last week's Fifty-Four Forty or Fight block, or cut using the Tri-Recs ruler set.  You will need four triangles in Green (3 1/2 inch).  Cut four right and four left half triangle units in blue, as well as four 3 1/2 inch squares and five 1 1/2 squares.  Cut four 1 1/2 squares in red to finish the cutting.  (Fabrics provided by Island Batik)

Sew four Triangle in a Square units, using the green triangles and blue half triangle units
Arrange them facing out from the center.
The solid squares fill in the outside.

Sew a nine patch from the the red and blue 1 1/2 inch squares and place in the center.
And you now have Four Pines.  Isn't this a fun block for Christmas time? 

Hope you enjoy making this!  Two more blocks and we'll be at the end - I can hardly believe how fast this year has gone by.  I'll be back next week with another block using the Triangle in a Square unit!

1 comment:

Joyce Carter said...

Thank you. I love it.