Friday, March 23, 2018

Snowmen, and Sunshine!

This week we celebrated the first day of Spring (also my hubbies birthday) but it sure doesn't feel like spring.  It's so cold and rainy, and I swear I saw some snowflakes earlier this evening as well!  So, what have I been working on this week?  I've been working on this snowman quilt (a custom order).
It's almost a finish, just need to complete the binding and sew some buttons on by hand.  It will go out in the mail on Monday.

I've also been working on some scrap projects.

I was trying to use up the leftovers from one of the Project quilting challenges - but sadly I only had enough of the dark blue to bind 3 of these little blocks.  So I ended up buying a fat quarter so I could finish the fourth one!  I do still have enough fabric to make another set of these, so I suppose I can use the rest of it for binding the others.


Doesn't the yellow dresden plate look like sunshine?  It was the only sunshine we saw today at all!  Tomorrow I'll be finishing it up for this week's Project Quilting Challenge - Scraptastic!  I love scrappy, and working with these blues and yellows makes me feel like spring, even though the weather has not cooperated at all.

Linking up with BusyHandsQuilts for Finished or Not Friday and with Crazy Mom Quilts for finish it up Friday (make sure you check out her cute needle book - I definitely want to make some of these!)

Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

karenbbsnow said...

I'm loving your yellow dresden plate..It looks great against the blue fabrics.