Saturday, July 14, 2018

Wedding Season...

Two wedding dresses and a bridesmaid's gown were top priority this week - August weddings are almost on us!

This bride hugged me when I told her we could make the gown fit!
I made panels to extend the back and created a new lacing out of deep blue.  She was thrilled!

This was a bridesmaid dress that needed some tweaking at the top of the bodice and taken in at the back zipper.

And last, but not least, among other things, I am adding red and black beading to the bodice and accent medallion of this wedding gown:
With any luck I can finish that up on Monday, and hopefully no more gowns for a bit!  We'll see...

1 comment:

Barb Neiwert said...

My mother-in-law used to make custom wedding gowns from scratch, and veils, too. I was always amazed at her work - takes a special skill set to handle all that silky fabric. Your addition of black and red beads is eye catching.