Monday, August 13, 2018

Monday Motivation - Don't be worried!

I've been saving this to share with you for the last few weeks - life has been hectic!  This is from my son-in-law, Mark A:


I struggle a bit with worry.  I worry about a lot of things, and often feel overwhelmed by my giant list of things that need to be done.  The thing is, that often I spend more time thinking about those things than it actually takes to get them accomplished.  I have found that the best thing to do is just do the next thing.  What needs to be done today?  Do it.  Tomorrow is another day, so don't worry about it, just take care of the next step today. 

For me, the next step is to make a pillow with a weird flange.  I've thought about it for two weeks.  Time to get busy and just do it.  If it doesn't work out, I'll figure out a different way.  I promise I'll take a  picture or three for you to see how it goes!

Also on my list is to sit out on my back patio and relax with a good book for a bit.  Because it's summer and you have to enjoy the sunshine while you have it!

Enjoy your Monday!  Don't forget to check out today's posts for the Island Batik Great Outdoors Blog hop:

Monday, August 13 - Safari - Amy @ Sew Incredibly Crazy and Anne @ Sweetgrass Designs

1 comment:

Barb Neiwert said...

I understand your worry struggles. But you're right - best thing to do is just do it! Works for me with my worst worry fears. And yesterday I had that good book thing going too...until I fell asleep! But naps are good, too.