Monday, December 17, 2018

Day 17 - 31 Day Blogging Challenge

Thanks for the nice congratulations on my milestone post yesterday - I sure appreciate it! 

Today was a pedal to the metal day and I actually got the final quilt top done for my secret sewing projects!  And the backs are ready, so now all I need to do is get them quilted.  I am happy to say that this one came out even better than I thought it would, and it will be a new pattern in the spring.  It's been an idea I had in my head for a long time so it was really satisfying to see it come to life.

When I checked my email this afternoon I noticed that I had a package coming from Island Batik and I was wondering what it was.  Then I got another notice that they had accidentally sent me one of my current trunk show quilts - I'm kind of excited to see it again!  It is my reflections quilt made in the Moroccan Bazaar fabric line:

I'll hold on to it until it's requested for a trunk show, so I'm hoping to get to take it to the next guild meeting, it will be fun to show it. 

Have you ever ordered from Wawak sewing?  If you haven't, then you really should check them out.  So many fun things, they ship cheap and super fast.  It's a great place to get sewing machine needles and stuff like that.  I ordered buttons and loop for my daughters wedding dress!  It's going to be so gorgeous, can't believe I needed 70 buttons.  Oh my, only for her would I sew that many buttons on a dress!

Tomorrow is a half day at the shop, so it's time to get some rest - it's supposed to be stormy tonight, so I hope we don't lose electricity again! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all your blog posts!