Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Get ready, Get set...

Another non sewing day for me, but we are ready to install our new dining room floor tomorrow!  I promise lots of pictures of the progress, and hopefully we will have a smooth and stress free installation.  I can't wait, it's going to be so beautiful!

I worked a half day at the quilt shop this morning.  Today was the monthly meeting so we had lunch and a little Christmas party.  I picked out fabric to cut charm squares for my Charming Heart Table Runner class in January.

This is always a fun project, and a great beginner quilt.  You can also make it into a wall hanging.
I'm looking forward to teaching this! 

After work my husband and I went over to our daughter's house to help install a light for her front porch.  (Going back into home improvement mode again!)  It only took three tries to finally get the light hooked up and attached.  Then when she turned the breaker on and flipped the switch, there was no light - what?!  Luckily I looked at the trouble shooting section in the manual and figured out that this light has a sensor and only turns on when it's dark.  Sure enough, an hour later she sent a picture of the light shining brightly.  If you ask me, that's a great idea - you don't have to worry about your light being on all day if you forget to shut it off or you can turn the switch on when you leave in the afternoon and not have to come home to a dark house.

After that I did go to Joann's and buy some more flannel (Christmas PJ time!).  So many fun choices - it was hard to pick which ones I liked best.  Now I'm ready for some sewing time for sure!  But first, that new floor...I feel like it's Christmas already, don't know if  I'll sleep tonight - actually, I think I will, I'm tired out.

No comments: