Thursday, January 31, 2019

A Month of Fnishes...

Whew, there's been a lot of sewing going on in my sewing room this month, and a whole lot of finishes! I'll note which projects include fabric from Island Batik as I go through them all.  First finish this year was the first Project Quilting challenge:  Hope Springs Eternal:
This quilt featured Island Batik fabrics, was cut with a GO! cutter from Accuquilt, and featured Aurifil Thread and Hobbs batting.

The next finish was my quilt for the Black and White blog hop:
Deonn at Quiltscapes was inspired by the same tile pattern as I was, but she made a different project!  This one also featured Island Batik fabric.  This quilt used up the last of my cone of Aurifil thread in white, and also used Hobbs batting.

I also quilted my Whimsical and Wonky top :

These are those fun Check it Out fabrics from Island Batik that I used for my December Challenge.  I used four of the blocks for the table runner, and made this fun lap quilt from the remaining 12 blocks that I made.  I used Aurifil thread and Hobbs Batting in this one as well!  

My next finish is my Project Quilting 10.2 challenge.  This one was made with assorted cotton fabrics from my stash.  I'm happy to say I used up a good amount of the patriotic fabric I've collected in this one!



Then I finished my blog hop project from the French Blue Collection.  You still have time to enter my giveaway by going and reading my blog post from Monday


This was also my OMG for the month!  I'm sure happy that I got it finished on schedule and was able to meet my final commitment for the 2018 Island Batik Ambassador program!
This weekend I finished the lap size quit made from baby clothes:

I also finished the twin size quilt today!
Isn't that robot quilt perfect?  Such a great little boy quilt!

I don't think I'll manage finishing 7 quilts every month, but it's a great way to start 2019!  I was so excited to finish the quilts, that I got busy and finished a couple blocks for different sewalongs.

This is my center for the Quilter's Planner's sewalong for this year!  Isn't that tree print pretty?  I'm going to do my quilt in blues with white background, and just use stash fabrics.

And here is my green block for Jen's 2019 Color Challenge!  I didn't think it was going to happen, but it did - love this block!  You should join in - it's going to be fun!
So, all in all a great month of quilting, lots of finished projects and I made progress on a few other items.  Now to make my list for February...

No comments: