Monday, February 04, 2019

Announcement, Announcement, Announcement...

I wanted to get this post up earlier, but had some distractions going on here today.  So better late than never, I wanted to make the official announcement that I am one of the 2019 Island Batik Ambassadors!

I was so excited to hear the news earlier this month, and even more excited to see not one, but two shipping notices for packages headed my way!  I made an unboxing video, and I have to apologize for the really weird lighting.  It was a super rainy day so I had to use my dining room and the lighting was definitely not the best.  So sorry.  Anyway - enjoy my glee at opening up two very fun boxes!  Oh, and you can tell I made this earlier this month because I talk about a couple of projects that are now completed :)



I can't wait to start my new projects using all of these wonderful fabrics!  And what an awesome surprise to receive the Ready Set GO! cutting system from Accuquilt - I've already put it to use in making my first project for Project Quilting and I know I am going to be using this a lot this year.  So much wonderful batting from Hobbs, and thread from Aurifil as well - what a great way to start out 2019!  I am definitely feeling spoiled and very thankful!



In all there are 50 Island Batik Ambassadors for 2019, and we are located all around the world!  There are some new, and many from last year, so you can look forward to lots of awesome projects this year.  You can see the list of Ambassadors on the tab at the top of my page, and check out the announcement on the Island Batik Blog.

I'm working at putting together a giveaway to not only celebrate being a 2019 Island Batik Ambassador, but also to belatedly celebrate my 1000th blog post since that happened in December
 - I'm not quite ready yet, but I am scheduling that for Friday - I hope you'll join in!  In the meantime, here's a look at what I woke up to this morning.  Winter decided to come to visit!




4 comments:

Calicojoan said...

Great video...your much braver than I am. LOL!! This is going to be a fabulous year and I'm looking forward to seeing your creations!

Kathleen said...

What an eventful year - 1000 blog posts - WOW! It will be so much fun doing another year as an ambassador with you!

Kelly Dee said...

How fun to see your excitement. Can't wait to see what you create!

Quilting Tangent said...

Enjoy the new goodies.