Friday, February 01, 2019

Friday Fun...



Today I took a day to relax, since tomorrow I work all day at the quilt shop and I've been working hard all week!  I had so much fun making Jen's Color challenge block for January that I decided to get ahead of the game and get the block done for February right away.  Some lovely pinks from my Island Batik stash!



Then I made a pink ribbon block to mail to a friend  (more Island Batik fabric):

I also added the pieced side borders to the Brothers and Sisters quilt I am working on.  Those borders are making me crazy!  The units are slightly different on each end, so have to go together in the right direction and every once in a while I find one that is upside down.  Grrr.  No pictures of that, but I hope to get the borders finished by Monday, so I'll have to show you later.


Then I started thinking about what I need to get finished in February.  Brothers and Sisters is due to be done, so it gets to go to the top of my list and I am choosing this for my OMG (One Monthly Goal)  Other than that, the Island Batik Ambassador challenge this month is Magnificent Minis, so I get to make a mini quilt!  I have a Grinch Panel to quilt, so that will be fun.  I should finish a Nine by Nine quilt for a shop sample.  And there's that wedding dress to sew a bazillion buttons on...time to get that project finished up for sure! 

I'm also participating in a fun blog hop this month, hosted by Bea of BeaQuilter - the Dust off a Quilt Book Blog hop  I've been having a blast going through books to pick out a project to make!

Frankly, I think that's enough to keep me busy for a short month like February!  Luckily no big home improvement projects are slated for this month, so I'll get plenty of sewing time.

Hope your month is off to a lovely start!  Tomorrow night I'll post the winner of my giveaway for the Getaway Blog hop...good luck!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Similar ribbon to the one I sent Friday - love your version. I laughed when I saw the pink blocks thinking I exhausted my batiks in pink, but I hadn’t! Will get to it - but running so late this month already..

Patty said...

Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.